You probably don't care and I'm sure you've got much better things to do, but here's a bit about me.
Hi, my name is John Romaine.
I’m a self employed SEO professional, running my own business from home, here on the Central Coast, NSW. I use the term “professional” loosely because there are plenty of people working in this industry that make claims like that and they don’t know what the fuck they’re doing.
The good news for you is that I do.
Now to be honest with you, I’m not running an agency with 35 staff and giving myself some bullshit job title like “Relational SEO Paradigm Engineer” like you see with these knobs on Linkedin. I don’t want the stress that running an agency brings. I work from home, often in my pyjamas. I usually stay up way too late, and I tend to swear a lot.
But I’m fine with that because I have a great work/life balance – and that’s exactly what I want.
Now in terms of SEO, you may or may not care, but I’ve been doing SEO since 2002/3 and have in excess of more than 10,000 hours worth of experience. That’s right – at least 10,000 hours.
If not more.
This isn’t time spent watching Rand Fishkin videos or fucking around in some SEO forum. This is real time, testing, implementing, tracking and measuring actual SEO campaigns. Both for my own online businesses and for paying clients.
In other words, I’ve been doing SEO a long time and I know what the fuck I’m doing.
Thank you so much for taking me on as a client and taking me through this training"
Before we go any further
By now you might be thinking one of two things –
- This guys a wanker, I want to punch him in the face, OR
- I like this guy, he’s a straight shooter
If you’re smart, you’ll be thinking the latter, because I’ll share something with you.
There’s a LOT of bullshit in this industry, and it pisses me off.
Crap like –
- Indian companies selling SEO services for $69 a month
- SEO agencies charging a fortune and doing fuck all
- Supposed “SEO gurus” spreading misleading crap all over the internet
- People pushing bullshit SEO courses on sites like Udemy that don’t know what they’re doing, and worst of all
- Business owners getting ripped off left, right and centre by so called “No.1 SEO companies”
Its fucked, but unfortunately that’s how it is.
And this is exactly why I take the approach that I do. Because unlike a lot of other assholes in this industry – I actually give a shit. And giving a shit means being honest.
If someone gets upset or is easily offended because I swear too much or they don’t like my approach then too bad. Because I tend to say things that need to be said, (as uncomfortable as they sometimes might be) in order to get the best results possible – rather than simply telling someone what they might want to hear in order to sell some bullshit course or service. Let’s face it, there’s enough of that crap around already, and I don’t want anything to do with it.
But listen, this doesn’t mean If we work together, or you sign up for my training that I’m going to be an asshole.
Quite the opposite.
I’m just saying that I’m not going to waste your time. If you’re interested in working with me, and you put money down, then you can expect massive value that is proven, its highly actionable and most importantly of all – it fucking works.
In other words, I’m not going to bullshit you with promises of cupcakes and candy canes and spend 2 hours on a private coaching call talking about the weather. I’m only going to be showing you what works, how to do it, why and where so that you can start making money right away.
Still want to punch me in the face?
Good, read on.
about the success of those he works with, not just himself."
Okay, alright, here’s a bit about me.
Chances are if you’ve read this far, you’ll want to know who I am, and if I’m legit.
So for those that care, here’s a bit of a run down about me, and how I ended up to be where I am today.
Don’t worry, I’ll keep it short.
Firstly, my background is IT, having worked for both State and Local Government for a period of about 8 years. Before that, I pushed a broom in a factory for about 7 years taking home about $300 a week. So I guess you could say I’ve worked both sides of the fence. Shit kicking at $6 an hour and high end corporate circle jerking.
Now having a Government job might sound fancy, and even though the money was decent, it was mind numbing. I remember once watching a woman jump up and down in the stationery room at work celebrating a $12 a week pay rise and another woman, who was given a cheap coffee mug during a morning tea after resigning from 20 years worth of service.
It was just awful and I knew I had to get out.
Around 2001, a good friend of mine threw two books at me and said “Read these”. Those two books would go on to change my life, and they were Rich Dad Poor Dad and Cashflow Quadrant, by Robert Kiyosaki. I’m not going to get all romantic here, but if you get the chance, give them a read.
During my time of employment with Government I was heavily involved in a lot of intranet development, coding, web design and SEO. I would essentially work my regular day job, then go home and bash away at the keyboard til 2am every night. I did this for years on end in an effort to learn as much as I could about online business and SEO so that I could quit my job and get out of the rat race.
Needless to say, I worked my ass off, got out of the 9-5 grind and years later – here I am.
Shit, that was meant to be the short version. Sorry.
Wanna see my office?
So here’s my office. This is where the magic happens.
Nothing fancy right?
I’ve got –
- My IKEA desk
- A $600 Officeworks laptop
- $20 Dick Smith headphones
- A stinky office chair (don’t smell it)
- My Rode Podcaster microphone and boom setup that I do all my coaching and strategy calls on
- A filing cabinet (fuck knows what’s in there but I like it because it looks the part)
- …..and of course my favourite coffee cup
It might not look like much, but last year I did over $477,000 dollars from this office – at home.
That’s right, $477,000 a year. Working from home in my underpants. No bullshit commuting, no uncomfortable suits, no running around in a mad panic every morning late for work, no depressing public transport, no bullshit meetings or annoying bosses yelling at me every 5 minutes.
Just me, my laptop, some background music and happy clients.
Now you might be thinking – $477,000 a year??? Sounds like bullshit.
Well it isn’t.
Infact this year, I’ll probably come close to doubling that, and if we end up working together, I’ll show you exactly how – so you can do the same.
Now of course I’m not going to get into the intricate details about how I manage this, or how my business works, but I will say this, because chances are right now you’re thinking –
- “He must have hundreds of clients”
- “He must have dozens of staff”
- “He must be stressed to the eyeballs”
- “He must spend a fortune on advertising”
But in all of those assumptions you’d be wrong.
Infact right now I have –
- 3 virtual staff
- 15 clients, and
- Spend absolutely nothing on advertising, AND
- I’m not even ranked in Google for the term “SEO” (and if we work together I’ll explain why)
I run my business with quality in mind – not quantity. In other words, I want fewer, higher paying clients rather than working with hundreds of lolly scramblers wanting cheap shitty SEO.
It’s not easy, but it’s possible, and I can show you how.
Want to work with me?
So basically you have two options –
But before you do anything –
- Let’s not fuck around. I don’t want to waste my time or yours. Only sign up or contact me if you’re serious.
- My training and coaching isn’t cheap – and for good reason. If you work with me you’ll soon realise I’m providing massive value that you can implement right away to make money.
- Don’t ask me for discounts or an offer to work for free in exchange for my training or coaching.
- All payments for any coaching, training or resources listed must be made in advance.
- Be prepared to work your ass off. I want to help winners win more, not help losers lose less. I can show you what needs to be done, but at the end of the day, it’s up to you to take action and get shit done.
If all of this sounds cool then get in touch and let’s do this.
Check Out These Awesome Vanity Metrics
Cups of Coffee
SEO training videos
Real People. Real Testimonials.
I offered these people cash bribes, but they refused and said nice things anyway.
Join Our Religious SEO Cult Today!
Once you join, we'll send you a robe, some candles and a big dusty book about how to get on the first page of Google. Trust me, it's awesome.