- Niching down and productizing your service offering is a great way to scale
- Niching down is a personal choice as it can become monotonous working in the same space repeatedly
- Moving to a 1:many business model can be more profitable if its done right
John: Essentially what you’ve done is you’ve niched down, right? Let’s get that out of the way. Because this is-
Roger: Niched down.
John: Yeah, this is a conversation that comes up occasionally. Should I niche down? Am I going to make more money? For myself personally, I chose not to niche down for various reasons, because I don’t think I could sit here using, I don’t know, working with solicitors every day. I just couldn’t do it. I’d lose my fucking mind because you’re having the same conversation over and over.
John: But it’s certainly a question that comes up a lot. Should I niche down? Yes or no? And I’ve always said … I’ve always said when you’re first starting out providing SEO services, it might be in your best interest, and this is a personal decision, right? It’s going to be different for everyone. But I think that it’s a good idea to go broad to begin with and maybe see which industries you like working in.
John: See which ones where you might be able to get runs on the board quicker, and there’s more profit margins and go, “You know what, I like this space.” And that’s where you can say, “I don’t want to do this stuff anymore. I like this space. I like this industry. There’s good money. The clients are great. They’ve got big budgets, I can monetize the shit out of this niche.” And that’s where I think it makes sense to niche down.
John: And that’s where you move towards, you move with … And this is something that I’m going to be covering probably my next training course, you move away from that one to one relationship, or that one-to-one business model, to a one to many. Right? And that’s essentially what you’ve done, where you’ve evolved, you’ve gone to the next level. Because you’ve got a system or process in place where you can just pull a lever, bam, bam, bam, stamp them out.
John: And work towards scale and automation. Which, when you’re providing traditional SEO services is very, very challenging. Especially when you take into account mistakes that most freelancers make in that there’s one person, or maybe one or two people, doing fucking everything. And that is just an absolute nightmare.
Join the Bring the SEO community today
Belinda is an active member of Bring the SEO. If you’re interested in joining and taking your SEO business to the next level, you can –
- Get immediate access to all of the training videos, courseware, sales scripts, checklists and the private FB community by signing up for my SEO business training course.
- Access some of the videos taken directly from the training course by signing up for the free trial
- Schedule a free strategy session with me to see if we’re a good fit and how I can help grow your SEO business